Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1CMguKafo

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Doll Dress

Love the doll but not her dress??? No problem... just make her a new one:).

My girls were invited to a birthday party for their friend, Mia (her mom is Katie from Mia Moo Design). Anyway, I found this cute doll at a store near our house but she needed a little bit more style. So, to accomplish this I made her a dress out of some scrap fabric that I had at the house, which happened to match a dress Mia's mom made her (check out her dress here). I added a few hair clips and a neclace to add to the present. Here's how it turned out.


I think she liked it! :)
(Don't you just love Mia's dress? The party had a Mermaid theme and her mom made her this dress to match it. So cleaver! Want to see more of her party look HERE!)





Oh and I made this cupcake bead for her too. I saw one similar to it at Bead Divas and had to see if I could recreate it. I used Sculpty clay for the bottom of the cupcake and the frosting. After I cooked it I added some sparkle to the frosting with nail polish, and sprayed it with a high gloss craft spray. Then to finish the look I put the red bead on top for the cherry. It was a fun, fast and easy project and one that I will do again!

1 comment:

  1. Amber, thank you so much for all the work you put into Mia's birthday gift! She named her doll Lucy and is in love with her! YOu are so talented :) Glad we're friends!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online